Monday, June 25, 2012

Lettitor: Zuckerburg

Dear Mr. Zuckerburg, 

I can understand why their is no dislike button or hate button available to on Facebook, but for the love of Pete, man! Why a love hasn't yet been approved and/or htmled is beyond me. Sometimes I love a status, picture, or comment so much that I press the like button twice. But do you know what happens when you press the like button twice? You ended up unliking said status, picture, or comment. If you won't let me like something twice, let me love it once.

I understand that the comment section is available for further like/love declarations on Facebook activity as well as CAPS and emoticons to further express emotions via the web. But the simplicity of liking something with just a click is so incredibly empowering. I can easily and quickly like anything and anyone I wish to like. The like button empowers me to like more! It empowers all of us to like more. We could be loving more though. Don't you want us to love more? 

Just think about introducing the love button, Zuckerburg, if you haven't yet. Let the love button be the next big Facebook accomplishment. I would love it if you did - I would even love it twice if you'd let me. 

Like (because you won't let me love you),  

Newsh Christensen
Editor and Chief
The Newsh Report
newshme@gmail.com

PS Congratulations on your recent marriage as well. Really though, what better time to love?!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Too bad there's neither like nor love buttons on blogs. :) I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat Kat! I wanted to like your comment! I spent a good 40ish seconds looking for the button! Haha ironic? Yes. Yes it is.

    ReplyDelete